To truly understand 2017 we need to reflect a little bit on 2016. Last year was a year when we relied on God's goodness and provision and His unrelenting willingness to hold true to His promises. Matthew 6:31-33 "
fulfilled. To many the reasons are straightforward, but let me just run through the top, just in case you weren't aware of all of them:
In no particular order:
- The shanties are 27 years old and are tired to say the least
- We have wonderful facilities here at Shekinah, all that we are missing is the matching sleeping accommodations for the chalet and allowing the chalet to be used to its full potential
- School groups and rental groups regularly do NOT book to come to Shekinah because of the sleeping accommodations (mattresses on the floor)
- We can realistically expect to increase our revenue by $75 000 a year due to improved sleeping accommodations to complement the chalet
- While some campers and schools enjoy the "rustic experience" of the shanties, their setup and condition generally causes more complaints than compliments
|Shekinah Summer staff at 2017 Flying Fox training|
- Pray and believe for with God nothing is impossible (Luke 1:37 & Matthew 19:26)
- If you are interested in helping and getting involved, talk to us, it takes more than money and it starts with a desire!
- Put your money where your heart is. If you feel God calling you to help support us, listen, for God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)